2.04.2011

Family Dynamics

My 4 year old went to spend a long weekend with her grandmother leaving a little void in our family of 6. She was super excited to get her own time with Gagi and I don't blame her. When you live in a larger size family it's not too often that you don't have to share something or someone.

I always find it interesting how when one of our munchkins is away the family dynamics change. First, it's SO SO much quieter when one is gone. Like amazingly quieter. Doesn't matter which kids is gone it's just quieter. The sibling dynamics are different too. Perhaps there's less fighting (that depends on who is gone) or there's more bonding between different siblings than usual. It's just different. I suspect we aren't the only family who notices the changes but again, I find it fascinating every time.

As "quiet" as it is with one gone we are always ready for that child to return home. The family just doesn't feel complete with one missing. So while I hope my Julia has a wonderful time with Gagi I'll be really ready to see her on Sunday afternoon!

No comments: