8.30.2010

Monday. Again.

A list to start the week:

1. How come Mondays come so quickly yet Friday's so slowly?

2. How come I always find the slowest possible checklane at Walmart? Always. Yesterday I got behind a lady who actually wrote a check. Seriously checks ought to be banned unless you are writing one because your purse got stolen (as what happened to me several years ago which was, the last time I wrote a check at a store). And if you are writing a check you should have to go to a designated check writing lane. It can be full of old ladies (no offense but honestly aren't they the ones writing checks?). They can talk about how technology is ruining our lives while they wait in line to write their checks.

3. And speaking of checks why oh why do people wait until all their groceries are bagged and put in the cart to even start writing a check? I mean isn't that Check Writing Etiquette 101? If you are going to write a check then at least get it all prepared so that all you have to do is fill in the amount. While the check is clearing you can write the total in your register. That is all about that. I think.

4. I made Pioneer's Woman's Version of the Lofthouse Cookie today (click here for the deliciousness). I am beginning to suspect that the lack of willpower I have for baking is causing me not to lose weight. Hmmm....

5. PRESCHOOL STARTS NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!! Honestly it feels like eons since we've been there. I think Julia might explode with excitement about it too. She can't stand that her sisters have been going to school for a month already.

6. Fall activities are starting which means the schedule is getting busy. I can't decide if that's good or bad.

7. August..I am not sorry you are on your way out. You have been hot, long, humid and did I mention hot. I am ready for our friend September to come and bring with her my vacation, cooler temperatures, preschool starting and fun fall activities.

8. My baby will be 2 in a few weeks. 2!! I can not believe it. Though I'm a tiny bit sad not have another baby in the house I'm way more excited about an end to diapers and sippy cups.

Hope your Monday is a good one!

No comments: