8.23.2010

Scrapcation

For the first time in over 4 years I went away this past weekend by myself. Well not technically all alone but without my kids. Or husband. It was nice.

Once a month I scrapbook with 3 other friends. We've been going for almost a year and decided that we all needed a weekend to scrapbook. We were originally going to go out of town but in the end decided to stay local and just stay at one of the gals homes in Raleigh. We scrapbooked at Archivers (a local scrapbook store) all day Friday and Saturday and stayed the nights at Viv's. It was wonderful to sleep in both days and not be woken up by little face staring at me! I stayed up late and slept in both days. We had so much fun just talking and laughing with each other. I got a ton of scrapping done - finished my 2009 family album - too. Mostly it was just nice to be away from reality for a couple of days. I really needed the break - mentally that is.

Paul and the kids had a great time. He's such a great dad. The cleanliness of the house and children when I returned home far exceeded my expectations! A win for everyone!

No comments: