8.10.2010

Tuesday Tidbits

I realized I hadn't blogged in a week so I thought I should say something. Clearly nothing too interesting has been going on in our lives or I would have been blogging. I supposed that's actually good.

1. School is going well for the big girls. My 2nd grader told me on Friday: "Um Mom, can you please get me to school earlier next week. I need to to spend more time at school." I'd like to think this a reflection of my awesome parenting skills where she has been taught to crave learning however, it's more likely that she wants time with her friends.

2. The little kids and I are having fun with a quieter house. I'd say it was quiet without Loudmouth Lily around (not being meant - just factual - she's a loud talker) but Jacob is loud too. And now that he's trying to talk he tends to repeat words over and over and louder and louder. For example: "Iwant juice, Juice, JUice, JUIce, JUICe, JUICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." Fun.

3. Is anyone ready for fall like me? I'm so done with pool. I'm done with it being 100 degrees for days on end. Done. I'm ready to play outside for longer than 2 minutes without breaking a sweat. It's been one HOT summer.

4. I actually took my kids to the park this morning - I feel bad that the little kids just basically get drug around to the gym or errands. Everyone once in a while I try to fun things for them. They had a good time and spent about 15 minutes chasing a butterfly. The giggles, laughs and shrieks they made chasing this poor butterfly were the cutest sounds I've heard in eons. Good times my friends, good times.

No comments: