5.05.2010

Strep Strikes Again

Strep has stricken our household again. The current tally is: Strep Victims: 3, Well ones : 3. Hoping and praying that count stays the same!

I came down with the dreaded illness last week. I thought I had strep so went to the doctor before I was feeling too bad and got on antibiotics. Monday Paul left for the week to go to the Boston area for work. We sat down to dinner and Julia said "my tummy hurts, I can't eat" which is very uncharacteristic of Julia. And it was food she likes. Needless to say I started to think something was up. She was running a fever by bedtime and was up several times in the night. I could tell her tonsils were swollen and I suspected she may have caught my sickness. Paul called Tuesday afternoon to tell me his throat was swollen and sore. He ended up at an urgent care in RI where he tested positive for strep. Meanwhile I was at the dr with Julia (and the rest of the brood) where her strep test was positive in about a second. Luckily we were able to get her antibiotics quickly and she got her first dose late yesterday afternoon. By bedtime I could tell she was starting to feel better.

Today she was back to her normal self - yay! Thank goodness antibiotics work so quickly in little ones! Meanwhile I've been lysoling and cleaning the house to try to get rid of these germs!

No comments: