5.17.2010

Summer Reading List

Well it's that time of year again. All my TV shows are winding down or done (bye Survivor All Stars - I'll miss you but, not you Russell...not even a little tiny bit) so it's time to make out my summer reading list. Several of my favorite authors have new books either out or coming soon. This excites me. A lot. Here's what I've got so far:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I actually just finished this one. Great, great read. Loved it.
My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster - I can not wait to read this one. Love, love, love Jen Lancaster. I have it on hold at the library and check frequently to see where I'm at. I think I'm no in the 20's. Should be soon!! I'm certain to be laughing so hard I'm crying..yay!
Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris - This is the newest Sookie Stackhouse aka Southern Vampire Mystery aka True Blood book.
Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich - The newest Stefanie Plum comes out in mid June. I put it on reserve about 3 months ago and I was like 500th on the waiting list. I'm sure I'll get it this summer. Surely?
Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner - love this author. The book comes out in mid July.
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin - Another one of my favorite authors.
Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus - This is sequel to The Nanny Diaries which I liked a lot.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows - Have heard a lot of good things about this book.
Big Fish by Daniel Wallace - this is my book club pick for the month.

What are you reading or planning to read this summer?

2 comments:

Jules said...

Finished "Nanny Returns" a few weeks ago. I thought it was a little confusing and hard to follow...but maybe that's just me. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Buffie Cullens said...

I'm about finished with "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult. Some on my to-read list are "The Girls" by Lori Lansens, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein, and "The Girls From Ames" by Jeffrey Zaslow.