5.28.2010

Winding Down

It's so hard to believe that this school year is coming to a close. I'm a little sad but I'm really ready for a break. Between AWANA, Daisy scouts, dance and daily carpool runs I'm ready for a break from the car. And packing school lunches & snacks. And arguing about wearing flip flops to school (that's a no go in our house). And rushing breakfast so we can get out of the house on time.

Ideally our summer break will be filled with lazy mornings, pool time, lots of reading and a few activities sprinkled in. Realistically it will be busy with endless piles of bathing suits and beach towels to wash but...at least I won't have to pack a lunch and snack every day. And I won't have to sit in a carpool line every day. And I won't have to run kids all around town or try to entertain little kids while the girls dance.

So as this year continues to wind down..AWANA and preschool are done..a few more Daisy meetings, 1 more dance class then recitals I will look forward to any break I can get. And I'm sure the week after it starts I'll be counting down the days until school starts.

No comments: