2.27.2010

Out with the Old

It's been with us for 7 years...through 4 kids and in 4 houses. But, today it left the building. The highchair. Gone..ready to move on to a new home at Aunt Judy's for her new grand baby. Good riddance, highchair. You have been a big help however I will not miss cleaning you. I am glad you made it through all 4 of my kids and still have life. But again...good riddance.

Related? We took a trip to Babies R Us this morning. I really can't handle Jacob clearing out my pantry 700 times a day so we had to go get some lever door locks. While we were there we got Jacob a new booster seat with a tray so we could get rid of the highchair. You'd think that with 4 kids and 3 other booster seats I'd actually have one with a tray but no, I don't. I've been wanting to get rid of that highchair for a while and thankfully today is the day! After moving it a few things came to mind: 1. My table looks smaller with 3 booster seats in the chairs and a large empty space where the highchair used to be. 2. The highchair actually takes up a lot of room. 3. Jacob has a really strong arm as evidenced by the food & milk stains all over the walls behind where his chair used to be. And those stains are MUCH more noticeable now that the large chair is removed.

Feels like a new chapter in our family. One we are excited to get on with. Now if we could just get to the "No Sippy Cups" and "No Diapers" chapters. I actually think the no sippy cups sounds better than no diapers..weird?

1 comment:

Our4GreatKids said...

I am with you!!! We had a huge event here... the twins turned 4 last month and now we have no car seats!!! Only boosters... they can ALL click themselves in... first time in almost 10 yrs!