1.28.2010

Tooth Fairy


When you are in kindergarten losing teeth is very exciting. Lily has been dying to lose one of her teeth so she could get some money from the tooth fairy ever since Em lost her first one last summer. Yesterday evening it finally happened. We noticed over the last weekend that her front bottom tooth was getting a little wiggly and that her "big" tooth was starting to grow in behind it. She's been wiggling it all week. Yesterday while we were waiting for dinner to cook we took a look at it. I noticed it was much looser than the day before so I advised Lily to eat an apple. She worked that apple, taking lots of little bites. And shortly after dinner it was really, really wiggly and she was asking to have it pulled out. I tried a couple times and it didn't come out..she ate another slice of apple..I tried again and out it came! She was so cute - wanted to call everyone and let them know. We got her tooth fairy pillow out and safely tucked the tooth in the pillow. She was beyond excited that the tooth fairy was going to come.

Thankfully the tooth fairy actually had some cash on her so she was able to pay Lily a visit. This morning when Lily crawled into bed with me (at 6:45) she whispered.."the tooth fairy came!" And I whispered back.."yeah? what did she get" She says "I didn't check yet..I wanted to wait for Emma and Julia to get up and until it was a little light out." After everyone woke up she discovered she got $5!! Again..beyond excited! As soon as she saw Paul today she asked him to take her shopping. So cute!!

No comments: