1.03.2010

Oh Sweet Monday

I like the weekends..the sleeping in on Saturdays (due to my sweet husband), lazy (well as lazy as they get with 4 kids) chore-free days, church on Sundays. All good things. Monday brings alarm clocks, waking up children, hurrying for on-the-go breakfast, fighting over clothes and shoes. Things that typically are not so good. BUT this week I am SO exited for Monday. I will actually be OK hearing that awful alarm clock. I won't mind waking up children, I've got cereal ready for breakfast and I'm prepared for the clothing battle that will ensue when I insist that not only must socks be worn but that hats and mittens must be too. Why all this preparedness? WE GO BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!! Yes, my dear friends, after 5 1/2 weeks off (that's like 38 days or something ridiculous like that) my older, talkative, need constant stimulation girls are going to back to school. It's been so long that it almost feels like the first day of school again. Have I mentioned I love that feeling? Don't get me wrong - it has actually been a nice vacation: lots of lazy mornings, lots of playtime, too much TV but it's time to get back to our routine. Emma's teacher sent an email yesterday and the first line was "Hi, remember me?" which I thought was pretty cute. I bet some kids will actually forget their teachers its been so darn long. Now let's just hope the school got nice and clean over break and that there are no pesky germs around to keep the kids out of school this week or I might very well lose my mind.

No comments: