4.17.2009

Trash and Treasures

A few months ago my friend Joy was telling me about a yard sale they had last year and how she and our other friend Frances made almost $500 each. I said “sign me up”...I’ve got an attic full of crap, I mean treasures , that I could sell. Of course I waited until this week to start getting stuff together for the sale. So, I’ve been working all week to go through the house and get things together. There are three families participating and that equals a lot of crap, I mean treasures. Joy lives near some pretty major streets so hopefully we’ll get a lot of traffic. I almost choked when Joy said we had to be at her house at 6am (seriously! 6am) to get everything in driveway and organized. I guess the hard-core yard salers get started before the crack of dawn. Which seems pretty crazy to me but then again I think needing to be somewhere before 8am on a Saturday is just crazy. So here's hoping my trash is someone's treasure....

No comments: