4.07.2009

Back in the Day

We're at the dermatologist office this morning for Emma. We're waiting for the doctor, Emma is sitting in the examine chair and I'm sitting across from her. There's soft music being piped into the room via an overhead speaker.

E: Mommy, do you hear that music?
Me: Yes, I do
E: Do you know this song?
Me: Yes, I do
E: Do you know it because you were, you know, born back in the day?
Me: laughing...I guess so
E: Yeah...you know all kinds of songs because you were born back in the day....

Life from a 6 year olds perspective...

2 comments:

Our4GreatKids said...

Well... at your age you had to be born back in the day! Feeling your pain... as my kids think it is funny that I was born LAST century.

Gagi and the Grandkids said...

Lily spent the night with me last night and wanted to know if her Mom was born before me or after me...boy she must think her Mom is really old!