9.15.2010

Nanny McPhee

After months of complaining that she "is the only girl in 2nd grade who hasn't lost my top teeth" my 7 1/2 year old is about to lose one of her top teeth. Surely she is not the "only girl" in 2nd grade who has not lost her top teeth but it does seem like many of her friends have lost those teeth. She's been hoping and hoping that they would get wiggly and finally a couple weeks ago one started to move. Just a tad. She'd check it every day. Over the weekend it got super wiggly and we sure it would come out on Saturday evening. Then Sunday. Then Monday. Then Tuesday. And yet, here we are on Wednesday and the tooth is hanging on my a thread. She keeps walking around sticking the gross, dangly tooth out saying "I'm Nanny McPhee, I'm Nanny McPhee." Real attractive. I'm thinking she wants the tooth to come out at school because, you know, that is a super big deal. I'm hoping it comes out soon...the Nanny McPhee look is just not that great for a 7 year old.

No comments: