7.31.2010

Saturday's Random Thoughts

1. It's sort of a rainy day. Gray. Overcast. Off and on showers. I love it. We get very few of these days in the summer and it's nice every once and a while. There's no pressure to drag all 4 kids to the pool. We can just be lazy. And that's really nice after spending so many hours driving over the past week.

2. My 85 year old great aunt told me yesterday she watched The Real Housewives of New Jersey and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard. She went on to tell me how much she didn't care for Danielle of RHONJ and how she can't believe that Bruce Jenner got all mixed up with the Kardashians. I told her I couldn't believe how much plastic surgery Bruce Jenner has had. I also told her if she told me she was watching The Jersey Shore I was staging an intervention.

3. We drove over 19 hours in the past 6 days. Everyone is sick of the car. Especially the toddler.

4. School starts Monday! This longest summer ever is finally coming to an end. Don't get me wrong - it's been fun but the kids are starting to get bored. I don't know how all of you on a traditional calendar who still have at least 3 weeks to go do it every year. I much prefer the shorter breaks throughout the year! Emma is dying to see her friends again. Not sure I'm quite ready for the lunches and carpool line but no going back now!

5. Have I mentioned how obsessed I am with all TV shows involving Jersey in the title? Jerseylicious is my new favorite summer guilty pleasure. I can not take my eyes off this train wreck. And of course Jersey Shore is back and I probably just lost brain cells typing that sentence. My bff introduced me to Jersey Couture which is a good one and not really all that trashy. Now off to watch me something Jersey...

No comments: