7.08.2010

Camp Gagi

So I left my littlest ones at Camp Gagi's for 3 days and brought my oldest 2 home for Open House at school. I had a ton of PTA stuff to do this week and with Paul traveling it seemed like a good idea to have mom keep the little ones so I didn't have to worry about finding a babysitter. I was a little worried about leaving them - not that I didn't think mom could handle it I just know it can be tough having a toddler not in their own environment. I was especially worried about how Jacob would sleep since our first 2 days at the beach last week did not go well. At all. But, mom seems to be doing great. The kids seem to be having a great time...so much fun that my 3 year old is claiming she's living with Gagi "forever."

I've had a great time with the older 2 girls. It's been a bit strange and I feel like part of me is missing but overall it's been really fun. I'll admit it's been nice having a few days not to worry about someone climbing something they shouldn't or walking out the door when they shouldn't or throwing food on the floor. I haven't really had to cook and we've gotten to do some things we don't normally get to do like go bowling. The girls have been real troopers. I've dragged them to school the past 2 days while I've had to do work and they haven't complained too much.

Tomorrow we do the switcheroo and I'm getting my babies and my big kids will go to "Camp Gagi" for a few days. I'm pretty sure my mom will need a vacation once camp is over!

No comments: