9.09.2009

Great News - Times 2

Saturday morning my brother called and asked us to gather up the family - he had some news to share. His girlfriend got on the phone too and they revealed they are engaged! We are so, so excited for them!! He's been dating Ginnie for a while now so we've been wondering if/when it was going to happen and it did. They haven't set a date yet but did say it would be sometime next year. They will either get married in "the City" (that would be New York City for those of us who don't live there) or "some exotic location." They already said they hoped that the Potter girls would be flower girls and Emma could hardly contain her excitement. I guess we'll see how that plays out as they plan their wedding.

Then...on the way to Ikea that very same my adorable cousin Emily called to tell me she and her boyfriend got engaged on Friday!! She was so, so cute telling us all about her proposal..which involved a Scrabble game - how fun is that! They don't have a date yet as they said they just wanted to enjoy the weekend and then start talking about it. We are thrilled for them too! So much excitement! I just still can't believe they both called us on the same day to announce their engagements!

We haven't had a family wedding since Paul & I got married nearly 10 years ago and now we have 2 coming up! I'm just going to go ahead and call 2010 the "year of weddings" for us! Yay!

1 comment:

Amy said...

How exciting...though I'm super sad you guys aren't coming to HI now!! We'll just have to catch you when we are home to visit and maybe you can make it out in 2011! I love weddings...so fun!