9.14.2009

VMA's

I channeled my inner teenager last night and decided to watch the VMA's on MTV. It was the promised Michael Jackson tribute that got me and the fact that the VMA's never disappoint on drama. Of course last night was no exception. I figured I wouldn't know any of the music since the only music I usually hear is Radio Disney but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually knew most of the artists and most of the songs! Made me feel young I tell you.

The MJ tribute was pretty cool though I'd have liked to have seen Justin Timberlake or other famous people dancing instead of random people in the beginning. (Of course, I'd always rather be watching JT) I thought it was really cool when Janet came out and danced with the Michael video in the background. She can still move - it was impressive.

Then came the first award - I think it was Female Video of the Year. By the way..there actually weren't that many awards handed out and it seemed like the same videos were nominated in lots of categories. Honestly I didn't know many artists still made videos since you, know MTV and VH1 don't really show videos anymore. Because, you know, music television is all about college age kids drinking too much and trying to win money doing cheesy reality shows. And of course with the first award came some drama with Kanye West jumping up on stage and stealing poor little Taylor Swift's thunder. Bless her heart. I wish Kanye would have kept his promise not to come back to the VMA's since he never wins. What a jerk. Anyway that cutie Taylor Swift went on to give a great performance and in the end she got her moment.

I would normally have stopped watching after that but MTV kept sucking in saying things like "Beyonce in 5 min"..."Who will win video of the year in 17 min" ..."New Moon trailer in 7 min." Darn MTV. Beyonce totally rocked her performance of Single Ladies. She can dance. Well. It was very impressive. And..she's a total class act. When she gave her moment away to Taylor Swift after winning Video of the Year I thought that was so cool and kind.

I think my favorite part of the VMA's could have been the New Moon extended trailer. I can not wait until Nov. 20th when New Moon opens. It looks so, so good. Full of action and romance and Edward and werewolves. Fun times to look forward to. So thank you MTV.

No comments: