10.11.2011

Wedding Weekend!

So my BFF got married this weekend. I'm so happy for her - she's waited a long time to find the man of her dreams and I'm really glad that she's found him. Her courtship (I can not believe I'm using this word) to engagement was pretty fast and even though they were engaged for 10 months it feels like it was a whirlwind. It's been a long time since I was too involved in any wedding planning so I was pretty out of touch with what's trendy in weddings these days but Erin's wedding was spot on - it was gorgeous and elegant and cool.

We left on Wednesday to head up to Ohio for the wedding festivities. We arrived at dinner time and stopped in on Nana Cheryl and Curtie and got to meet the new puppies! Oh my stars are they cute! Erin graciously (and maybe a little crazily) agreed to host us for a couple days before we moved to the hotel. Thursday the girls spent some time doing wedding prep - tanning, drop off money at the reception site, pick up programs, mani's/pedi's..girl stuff. The boys did boy stuff - picked up tuxes and picked up Gagi from the airport. Gagi graciously agreed to travel with us - she loves Erin but was also along to help with the kdis. We cooked out at Erin's house on Thursday night. My girls got to spend the night with Gagi at the hotel which they loved.

Friday morning Paul and Jacob relocated to the hotel and I got to spend a great day with Erin. We lunched with some bridesmaids and her mom. Wine..at lunch! We did some last minute wedding stuff and then it was off to the rehearsal (which we were slightly late for - oops)! Erin didn't warn us that the preacher was a hippie so I was slightly surprised to walk in and see him but he was great! Funny and it was the fastest rehearsal I've ever been at! Apparently we all paid attention well - even the kids! I was really worried about what Jacob was going to do but thankfully everyone was really laid back about him and was willing to just let him do whatever he was going to do. The dinner was at a great Italian restaurant and everyone had a good time. I got to spend the night at Erin's with her and her sister which was a real treat for me! I think Erin's sister thought it was a little strange that I was staying there and not the hotel but I wanted to stay with my bestie before her big day (as well as not wanting to share a room with 4 kids and 2 people who snore)!

More to come about the Big Day!!

No comments: