10.10.2011

Smitten Kitten

I got scolded over the weekend by Nana Cheryl for not blogging enough. And by scolded I mean finger in the face, SCOLDED, for not blogging. So even though I'm tired and still have laundry to put away I don't want to be scolded again so I'm at least going to write a quick post.

My BFF got married over the weekend. Oh it was fun and sweet and fun and wonderful. I really have a lot to say about it but I think I'll save some of it for material for the week. I thought I would share a little bit about Jacob and his love at first sight.

This is Amanda..Erin's sister and Maid of Honor (and also getting married in 4 weeks):
I had the pleasure of meeting Amanda years ago when I picked her up from the airport one time. This was way back in the day when you could actually wait at the airport gates. Amanda was visiting Erin for the weekend but Amandas flight got in before Erins (she was away at work) so I picked her up and we had dinner and hung out until we picked up Erin. We made signs for her so when she got off the plane she saw them. She was very embarrassed. It was funny. Anyways I digress...the kids had heard of Amanda and the older girls have talked to her on the phone but never gotten the chance to meet her until this weekend. Amanda got in Thursday night but Jacob was already in bed. He first got to meet her on Friday right before the Rehearsal Dinner. One meeting that was all it took. He took to her like I have never seen. As soon as we got to the church he wanted 'Manda. At rehearsal he ran down the aisle to 'Manda. At dinner he sat in 'Manda's lap the ENTIRE night. Poor thing even had to help him go potty.

The next day before the wedding he wanted 'Manda. And all evening at the reception he wanted 'Manda. ALL evening. Bless HER heart. And Julia, not to be left out took a liking to Amanda and her fiance Marc. God Bless HIM he held Julia all night at the reception. And she's not light.

They were both SO SO SO sweet with the two of them. Patient, kind, generous - so loving. It was so sweet and cute. I'm certain Amanda and Marc had to be sick of them but they did not show it at all. They just cuddled with them and danced with them. So sweet..so so sweet...




No comments: