4.23.2011

Track Out Fun

My kids go to a year round school so every 9 weeks (or so) we have 3 (or so) weeks off. We love, love this schedule - it works great for my kids and our family. We are wrapping up our last track out of this school year (holy crap has it flown by) with one more day off on Monday and then back to school on Tuesday for their last quarter. For the first time since I've had elementary school kids and preschool kids the April track out and Spring Break coincided so we actually had an honest to goodness week off of school for everyone! How fabulous to not have to drive ANYONE to school this past week!

We've had a really fun track out and it's flown by. Like flown by fast enough that I'm *almost* not ready to go back to the daily grind (though by Tuesday I'm sure I'm won't be able to get the older girls to school fast enough). Over this track out Paul and I got to get away for a couple days (thanks again Mom and Aunt Pam), Emma spent nearly 2 weeks at Camp Gagi, I got to spend to spend a lot of time with my Lily, Lily read lots of fairy books, we had some fun with neighbors, played outside A LOT and we all got to spend a few days at the beach with my mom.

Emma had a great time at Camp Gagi! They got to do some really fun, cool things and she got spoiled completely rotten! I am so blessed that mom is able to take the kids for vacations - it helps SO much and means so much to the kids. The house was really different with Emma gone for so long. We missed her a ton but I'm not sure the feeling was mutual - I think she rather liked being the only child and getting all of Gagi's attention!

I brought the other kids down to the beach on Tuesday and we had a nice few days down there all together. We did a little shopping, a lot of swimming and some playing on the beach. Jacob absolutely loved the beach! He loved the ocean, the sand - all of it! I think half the beach is in my van! Can't wait to take him back when it's warmer!




No comments: