4.12.2011

Bloody Mary

So maybe you remember that urban legend that if you go in the dark bathroom in the night and say "Bloody Mary" three times and turn around that "Bloody Mary" will show up in the mirror. Are you with me? Apparently some little snot at gymnastics told Lily this story and she repeated it to all her sisters one night a few months ago. Well it put the fear of all that is holy in Julia and for weeks she refused to go anywhere in the house by herself. She'd randomly break out in tears that Bloody Mary" is going to get me. Forget it if she had to go to the potty after dark and the light wasn't on in the bathroom. Paul tried several times to put an end to the drama, and we both took turns going in the bathroom, demonstrating the chant and showing them that there is no. such. thing. as. Bloody. Mary. It took forever but they finally got over it and I haven't heard them mention it all lately. Until tonight and here's the conversation that went down:

Jacob (2): I need my paci, come 'stairs with me.
Me: Go up yourself if you want it (I know..mother of the year)
Jacob: No, I scared
Julia (4): What are you scared of Bloody Mary? You think Bloody Mary gonna get you?
Me: (eye rolling) Julia, you know there's no such thing as Bloody Mary
Jacob: Right, Bloody Mary is just a drink

Well....at least someone was listening.


1 comment:

meganmk said...

OMG, that made me laugh out loud. That is hysterical!