3.17.2011

It's List Thursday!

Feeling the need to blog but no real interesting story so some random thoughts for this St. Patrick's Day.

1. I had a thought to have a green food day today, on St. Patrick's Day but I never made it to the store. So we started the day with green milk and some green muffins that were a total fail and no one liked. We ended with homemade Shamrock Shakes which were totally a hit.

2. Did you know you that Kidz Bop and the Glee Soundtracks have almost identical songs?

3. My 4 year old now knows all the words to "Firework". See #2.

4. It's A LOT easier to understand the lyrics on Kidz Bop. As in, did you know they say "Gotta let go" and not "Galileo" on the song Dynamite? Yeah...I knew that too.

5. Those darn Kidz Bop songs are pretty catchy and will stick in your head ALL. DAY. LONG. Especially when your 4 year old requests Firework every 5 minutes.

6. I love, love, love when the kids can play outside. It makes everyone happier.

7. Paul's due back tonight after a long week of travel. It's been 3 weeks of almost constant travel. I am tired. And thankful for the weekend coming up.

8. My 8 year old must never talk at school because she DOES NOT stop talking from the time I pick her up until she goes to sleep. How does anyone have that much to say?

9. The kids running club starts up at school tomorrow. I'm so thankful they are interested in doing any activity that involves running - though I realize their purpose is mostly social - it's really hard to get up and get to school 30 minutes earlier. And yes I realize that our 9:15 start time is late. And yes, we are spoiled.

10. Have I mentioned how my 2 year old is a pocket hoarder? No? That's a story for another time but let's just say he's obsessed with a: having pockets and b: stuffing them full of random, random stuff. Like cars, trash, erasers, bouncy balls, candy...anything that will fit. Every night has to put all his treasures on his dresser. One day I need to take a picture..it will crack you up.


No comments: