11.11.2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm feeling pretty thankful this beautiful Thursday afternoon. First, I'm thankful that's it's Veteran's Day and that we have a school holiday. I'm thankful I didn't have to get up early this morning and get 4 kids ready to drive to school. I'm thankful I didn't have to pack school lunches today. I'm thankful that it's 1:34pm and I'm still in jammies (I really am headed up to shower soon). I'm thankful that the sun is shining, that the sky is beautifully blue, that the temperatures are warm and that the leaves are beautiful. I'm thankful that we have playdate this afternoon with a dear friend we haven't seen in a while. I'm thankful that I get to go out tonight and play Bunco. I'm thankful that when I found Jacob naked in bed this morning with his diaper beside him that the diaper was only wet. I'm thankful Paul's on his way home from yet another trip but that means he's employed and that's good. Of course I'm super thankful for my kiddos, my family and our health. And finally, I'm very thankful for our Veteran's..the reason we have this wonderful mid-week holiday. We take far too much for granted the sacrifices our servicemen and women make for our country. Without them we wouldn't have the tremendous freedom that we do today. It doesn't seem like enough but many thanks...many thanks.

No comments: