11.02.2010

Election Day!

It's Election Day ya'll! While I'm completely over the political commericals (though honestly with DVR I hardly watch any so it seems it hasn't been as bad this year), mailings and signs cluttering up every street corner in town I generally like election days. I find politics wildly fascinating and I will be watching a "more conservative" news station this evening while waiting for election results to come in. I *might* even DVR 16 & Pregnant so I can focus on the election results. Crazy...I know.

I do have an Election Day peeve. Our school, as I'm sure are many across the country, is a polling place. I believe if schools are going to be polling places then there should be no school on Election Days. I don't like the idea of random people being in my kids school. The school has done a good job of keeping the voting area as separate as possible from where children are but still what if some crazy person figured out how to get to the children. I realize this is an irrational fear but it still concerns me. Also? Our school parking lot is way too small to accommodate all the voter cars. This morning was a complete zoo in the parking lot.

I hope you exercised your right to vote. This election is really important. Do your homework and GO VOTE!

No comments: