10.22.2010

I Knew It Would Happen....

Sooner or later. I was hoping for the later but ugh..it happened today. Jacob climbed out of his crib. He's the first of my 4 kids to climb out of his crib. Well, technically my youngest daughter did but that's because she was in a room with her 2 older sisters and they taught her how. But she was 2 1/2 and probably ready for a bed. Jacob? Not so much ready for bed. And me? Definitely, positively not ready for him to be a bed.

Here's how it all went down: It's 7:26am and I am laying in bed snuggling with my 6 year old when I hear a thud. Being the best mom in the world I totally ignore it. I figure the 3 year old is jumping down from the bunk bed ladder. But then I hear the cries and my ears perk up a little. Then I notice Jacob is standing in the hallway rubbing his head and crying for daddy. And even though I hadn't had my morning coffee I deduced that thud was him getting out of the crib.

I am hoping he'll remember that he hurt his head and won't try it again. If he does we are so looking for a crib tent until the denial passes that I no longer have a baby and have toddler who probably needs a bed.

No comments: