2.18.2008

School Holidays

So today is a holiday - President's Day and my kids didn't have preschool. Usually such interruptions to my routine irritate me but today it hasn't been bad to have everyone home. We all slept in this morning and then we went to the gym where I attempted a dance class called Zumba. Seriously when God handed out rhythm he totally skipped me. Thankfully there were a lot of people in the class so I couldn't see myself too much in the mirror. The instructor said we burned 800 calories. Seriously?? Could that be right? If so I need a freakin donut!

So this afternoon I broke down and let the big girls watch a movie while the baby is sleeping. Is it really such a big deal for kids to watch a movie? If not why do I feel so guilty? Why do we moms let ourselves feel guilty for doing what we think is right for our children. The guilt will drive you insane!

No comments: