12.14.2011

Indeed We are Still Here

So I haven't posted in EONS. I know..slacker I am. It's not that things haven't been blog-worthy but I just haven't had much free time to actually sit down and write. In fact, I haven't had much time to sit down period and do much of anything leisurely (except Words With Friends). As with everyone things have been crazy busy this past month. Between the kids, the PTA and my little work life is just going fast. Really fast. I'm looking forward to being out of school for a bit (though the 5 weeks might be a little much...yikes) to recover and rest and perhaps get my house organized.

So what has been going on? Here's a little recap:

*Thanksgiving was great. Quiet. We saw the Muppets which now my kids are obsessed with. In fact..Emma has assigned us all Muppet personalities: In her words: Daddy is like Gonzo because he's Weird, Mommy is like Miss Piggy because she's bossy, Lily is like Miss Piggy because she likes fashion, Jacob is like Animal, because he is an animal, Julia is like Animal because she's crazy too and I (Emma) and like Miss Piggy because I'm beautiful.
*We went to Asheville to see my dad after Thanksgiving. Went to a tree farm. Jacob knocked down Natalie's 10 foot tree. Fun times.
*Breakfast with Santa - All 4 kids got close to Santa! Our first holiday miracle.
*Holiday Dance Performances - Emma danced at the Raleigh Winterfest tree lighting with her dance team. If I can figure out how to get video on here I'll post it - it was adorable! Then all the girls danced at the Carolina Christmas Show. Cuteness abounded.
*Family Christmas Gatherings on Saturday - My kids were actually well behaved. And they ate crazy amounts of sugar.
*Preschool Christmas Sing - Seriously is there much cuter than 4 year olds singing? No. There is not. So cute. And Julia sang her little heart out.

And that sums up the last few weeks. Sort of. I'm sure there was more cute, funny stuff but I just can't remember right now...so I'll try to be better about documenting it the rest of the month!

No comments: